Staff of the Rangiwahia-Ruahine Dairy Company standing outside the factory with teams of horses pulling carts presumably loaded with dairy products. The factory was built by L.G. West of Palmerston North early in 1898, and began production the following year. At that time it was managed by W.C. Dixon. Water power was introduced to the factory in late 1906.
The date of this photo is unknown.