Skip to Content

Fire police outside in the Fire Police Station in 1903.

Feilding's first fire engine was purchased by P. Thompson and A. E. Eade, in 1891. Various fundraising efforts contributed to the payments for the engine, and the Borough Council agreed to donate twenty-five pounds annually, on the condition the money was used to sink wells in various parts of the Borough.

In 1907, the Fire Board was formed, and from that time on the Brigade has had the most up-to-date equipment on hand.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
PHOTO SER:fi3
Title
Feilding Fire Police Corps, c. 1903
Archive
Service organisations
Date
1903

Related items

Contractors Camp at Oroua River Intake
King George V's Silver Jubilee Celebration, c. 1935
Manchester Block Early Settlers, c. 1940
Highfield Road Water Mains, c. 1956
Short's Cutting Water Main
Sarah Anne Monckton, c. 1901
Freezing Works, c. 1913
Feilding Agricultural High School
Waka
Bishop's Blacksmith Shop, c. 1901
Halcombe Railway Yards, c. 1883
George Kirton

Creation

Created By

Object rights

Taxonomy

Tags
null,
Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Contractors Camp at Oroua River Intake
King George V's Silver Jubilee Celebration, c. 1935
Manchester Block Early Settlers, c. 1940
Highfield Road Water Mains, c. 1956
Short's Cutting Water Main
Sarah Anne Monckton, c. 1901
Freezing Works, c. 1913
Feilding Agricultural High School
Waka
Bishop's Blacksmith Shop, c. 1901
Halcombe Railway Yards, c. 1883
George Kirton