Firefighters control the blaze at Feilding Railway Station, 29th July, 1960. The building was badly damaged and parts were completely destroyed. A year and a half later, on the 7th of December 1961, the station was officially reopened.
The original station was constructed in 1887, at a cost of 710 pounds. Considerable improvements were made between 1897 and 1901, and this building remained with only a few modifications, until the first fire in 1960. Part of the building that stands today was demolished after a second fire in 1988.